If you ever wonder how to find your phone if you lost it. Don’t worry, I will tell you how to find your phone without installing any app. You are at the right place to find out your lost phone’s location.
You don’t need to go anywhere, this feature is already in your phone, you just need to enable it for your safety if you ever lost your mobile device. Google is providing this feature with Android called “Find My Device” under Settings>Security & lock screen>Find My Device.
Things you need:
- Obviously, Android phone, if you don’t have an android phone you probably won’t be here.
- Data connection.
- Find My Device app. (optional)
Steps to find your android mobile device?
First things first, you need to enable “location services” and “find my device“. Open phone settings go to “security & lockscreen” then “find my device” and turn it on.
Under Security & lockscreen you will also find “location” under the privacy tab and turn location services on.
Now you have two options to access your device :
- Web: android.com/find
- Download and install the “find my device” app from the google play store.
Find my device using the web:
- Go to android.com/find
- Login to your same Google account that you are logged in your phone
- You get information about your phone: maps timeline, network provider, and battery info.
- You can play sound on your phone remotely “device will ring for 5 minutes, even if set to silent.
- Secure device: Lock the device and sign out of your Google account.
- Erase device: Delete all content from the device.
Find my device using the app:
- Download and install the app from the google play store.
- Log in with your Google account.
- You can access all options in the Find my device app which you can access using the web.
I hope you understand the process of finding an android phone. There are two options available where you can see your device’s live location including the web and android app. If you have any queries you can always discuss them in the comment section.